How to get started
Rinse the tabletop garden thoroughly before use and fill with cold tap water to the maximum level, as shown in the instruction manual and picture on right.
Find a proper place for the device with an even temperature of 20-24 °C degrees. If placed near a window, make sure there is no draft. In case of draft, place the device near a wall with an even temperature.
Normally, the lamp is left on for 24 h/day. This gives an effective growth to your plants. The light can also be adjusted with a separate timer to 18h on and 6h off for optimizing electrical usage.
Keep the pump on continuously. The circulation of the water keeps it oxygen-rich and fresh.
Add water once a week to keep the water level up.
ZENGROW 2: change the water and add two (2) ZENGROW nutrition tablets in to the water every second week.
ZENGROW 6: change the water and add four (4) ZENGROW nutrition tablets in to the water every second week.
How to change water and nutrition
When using the tabletop garden for the first time, rinse the pot with water. Water and nutrition should be changed every two weeks. Add the nutrition tablets according to the instructions directly into the water. The nutrition instructions can be found on the package label.
Video 1: How to change water
Useful hints when changing water:
- Place the cover with plants on a towel to protect your table
- To remove the cover, lift it from the handles on both sides
- Do not empty the vessel by pouring the water from the corner with water level meter
How to change the light bulb
It’s good to change the lightbulbs once a year. They last for about 10 000 hours but towards the end, their power could reduce. This can effect the optimum growth for the plants.
Video 2: How to change the light bulb
Useful hints when changing the light bulb:
- Twist the shade 90° degrees and make sure the symbols on the shade and lamp holder cup are at the same level
- Hold the lamp base firmly with one hand and with the other hand grab the lamp shade near the base
- Twist the lamp holder cup/shade without too much force